26 April 2013

2 More Pincushions


(Crochet * Stash-buster)

A niece of mine is studying Fashion Design, and I thought of making a crochet pincushion for her (similar to the one I made for my mom not long ago)…
Una de mis sobrinas está estudiando diseño de modas, y pensé en hacerle un alfiletero (similar al que le hice a mi mamá hace poco).




1.  Daisy Pincushion




A pincushion with a daisy on top.
Un alfiltero con una margarita. 



I made this in a different way than my mom´s…This time, I filled a little shallow plastic tin with recycled dry ground coffee (which I learned works as well as saw dust in keeping the needles from rusting).  I covered the top of the tin with fabric... 
Éste lo hice de diferente manera que el de mi madre…En esta ocasión llené una lata pequeña con granos de café reciclado seco (el cual oí que funciona igual que el acerrin, previniendo que los alfileres se oxiden).  Luego cubrí la lata con tela…



And finally came the crochet cover, with a daisy center, and then simple crochet and moss st.
De último, le hice la cubierta de ganchillo comenzando con una margarita, y luego medios puntos.



I used DK acrylic yarn, in the following colours: white, camel, green, aqua and neon green.
Usé una lana acrílica delgada, en los siguientes colores: blanco, camello, verde, aqua y verde neón


My niece liked it…and asked me if I could make another one…
Complací a mi sobrina…tanto que me pidió si le podía hacer otro…

2. Hedgehog Pincushion



Hedgehogs are really cute creatures.  They have the perfect shape for a pincushion, given its needle-like body.
Los puercoespines son criaturas tan tiernas.  Su forma es perfecta para un alfiletero, dadas sus espinas que parecen agujas.


I had to improvise a bit, but I think it worked well…
Tuve que improvisar, pero creo que me salió bien…



I think it is so cute!
Creo que es primoroso.

28 comments:

  1. Ana!!! Ese puercoespín enamora! Lo voy a intentar hacer! Gracias por tu enseñanza y generosidad!
    Soy Fabi de Argentina.
    Besos
    http://fabi-objetotransicional.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pincushion, the hedgehog is super cute. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qué preciosos regalos para tu sobrina!
    Me gustan mucho los dos pero el puerco espín me ha enamorado!
    Muuuuak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely Ana, that hedgehog is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so cute..she will love them, Ana...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this showcase of pincushions! I superlike the green one! I so love the shade of green you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the first one is beautiful and the second one is adorable! A hedgehog pincushion - what a great idea.

    Thank you for the coffee idea too - I can use that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both but especially the hedgehog, I never knew that about coffee! Rowen@Coastal Colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pin cushions Ana! Love that hedgehog - he is seriously cute! E x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me encantan Ana, te han quedado monisimos !!!
    Que tipo de lata has utilizado ?? es de comida o alguna especial para manualidades ?? y como pusiste la tela ??

    Muchas gracias por dejarnos el patron !

    xEva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es una "lata" plástica donde venía un queso brie (no recuerdo qué marca era!). Me gustó que no fuera de metal para que no se oxidara con la humedad. La tela la pegué con la goma de pistola caliente (glue gun). ¡Simple!

      Delete
  11. Wow! I like the Hedgehog pincushion, very beautiful!!

    Miriam
    www.tbezigebijtje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que precioso te ha quedado, me encantan los colores.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both delightful. Thanks for the tip about coffee grinds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely projects - I love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pincushions are lovely and once again I love the colours you used especially on your first one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both the pincushions are super cute, but that hedgehog has real personality! The glass pins make him look cuddly and not prickly ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5/02/2013

    Love them both! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hedgehog pincushion...absolutely gorgeous..

    Usha
    usharaneem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute and the one for your Mom is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute hedgehog! And I'm totally in love with the daisy pincushion, wooow!! ♥ I could just snap it from the photo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adoro el erizo!!! mi nena tiene uno de verdad... no tienes los pasos????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Marcela! En realidad lo hice improvisando...pero creo que hay algunos patrones en Ravelry.

      Delete
  22. Anonymous9/16/2013

    me podria alguien decir los pasos para hacer el puercoespin??? yo tengo estambre y no se q hacer con el y cuando vi esta idea del alfiletero me quede con la duda de como hacerlo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous9/16/2013

    el e-mail para que me puedas contar los pasos para realizar el alfiletero de puercoespin es:
    matty_2509@hotmail.com
    gracias¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...